IntroductionIn the past, a simple cash register was all a small business needed to ring up customers and accept payments. However, things have changed. Today, businesses need a much more robust system to accept payments, manage inventory, track sales, and generate reports. Did you know that the right mobile POS system can easily handle all of that for your business? Mobile technology has made it easier for businesses to implement mobile POS systems to accept payments and run operations on the go. Mobile POS systems offer added flexibility to businesses and entrepreneurs. However, it is essential to know which POS provider offers the best bang for your buck and meets the needs of your own business. Contrary to what you may have heard, mobile systems pack solid functionalities and features. Like other POS systems, businesses can use mobile point-of-sale systems to manage customer data, inventory, and transactions from a smart mobile device. Mobile-based POS systems are at the forefront to help small businesses run operations on the go. With a mobile POS system, small businesses can run and review operations from anywhere.
Six Best Mobile POS Systems of 2023Let’s break down the six best mobile POS systems of 2023 and shed light on what makes each of these unique:
Bonsai POSBonsai POS is an ideal solution for small businesses and freelancers that want to use a flexible tool to manage employees and prepare taxes on the go. Bonsai is a compact POS system that businesses can get at an affordable price. With Bonsai, you can automate repetitive manual elements and optimize work productivity. If you’re looking for a smart mobile point-of-sale system to run freelance or small-scale business operations, you’ll find Bonsai perfect. Bonsai features a simple and intuitive user interface that makes it easier to manage contracts, proposals, and manage time. With a few clicks, you’d be surprised how effectively you can manage your business operations from a mobile POS system like Bonsai.
- Impressive customer support
- Easy to navigate and use
- Essential mobile POS features
- Make real-time operational changes
- Sync data across operations
- Maintain safe and secure data
- More than one payment option
- Quick set up
- Lack of integrations
- Limited features
Shopify POSIf you want a mobile POS system to run your eCommerce operations, you’ll find Shopify one of the best solutions available in the market right now. You can integrate Shopify mobile POS system for online shopping. You can also integrate mobile Shopify POS with an in-house POS system to process transactions.
- Integrate online payments
- Solid online store management
- Features online and website store
- Seamlessly run offline operations
- Supports multi-task management
- Hardware costs money
- Requires additional charge to process a transaction without Shopify POS
Clover POSIf you don’t want to compromise on hardware options, you’ll find the Clover POS system perfect. Today, retailers, restaurants, and businesses with small footprint use Clover to manage daily operations. Whether you want to access top-tier hardware or process multiple payments offline, Clover makes up an incredible mobile point-of-sale system.
- Integration with multiple payment systems
- Take care of payments offline
- Hardware support even on affordable plans
- Customizable and team management
- Depending on third-party resellers, contracts may be different.
- Hardware needs to integrate with a merchant account
Square POSIf you’re tight on budget and looking for the most valued and cost-effective mobile POS system, Square should be on your consideration list. Small businesses love to use Square POS because it is easy to use and is available at a lower price point than most point-of-sale systems.
- Flat rate processing
- Diverse hardware options
- Free app for smart tablets and phones
- Comprehensive reports
- Many integration options
- Expensive for businesses with large-scale operations
- Lack of security features
- Online payments – 2.9% + 30 cents
- In-person payments – 2.6% + 10 cents
- Manual key payments – 3.5% + 15 cents
ToastThe Toast POS system is designed for small and mid-range restaurants and bars. Toast features simple menu management, a kitchen display system, and restaurant-focused hardware. Whether you run a food truck or a mid-ran restaurant, you can use Toast to run smooth operations.
- Features restaurant-level kitchen hardware
- Comes with handheld equipment for off-site use
- Supports contactless payments and ordering
- Requires long-term contractual commitment
- Works solely on Android devices
- It doesn’t support iOS devices
LightspeedLightspeed is designed to service and support retail operations. Lightspeed comes with mobile-specific point-of-sale system features. But even as a mobile POS system, Lightspeed features advanced inventory management for retail businesses.
- Retail businesses can make many customizations
- Features simplified and centralized inventory management
- Process payments without an MSP
- Clock-based employee management
- Allows businesses to use a smart tablet to accelerate operations
- Only supports iOS smart devices
- Pricy monthly payments